Friday, December 19, 2008

The end of this Journey

Hi all, it's been a while but I wanted to wait until I had something important to share and now I do. The results form the pathologist came back and Gina and Roland went and saw the doctor. The results confirm our miracle that the tumor is completely benign and that Roland is fine!

Although we had the news a couple weeks ago Gina and I were kinda nervous as the doctor said there was a small possibility that they could find cancer in the tumor when the pathologist biopsied it. We had faith in God as always but it did make us a little bit apprehensive.

This has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, but it has done so much for my marriage and my relationship with my kids.

As you know my kids are my world and I love them all equally. When Gina was pregnant for Ivan (our second child) I was a little worried. We had Roland already and I was scared that I could never love a child, even my own as much as him because I loved (and love) Roland completely, all the way to the top. Well, I didn't know it but God knew, there was plenty room at the top. When Ivan was born (and probably a little before) I realized I love Ivan completely also. God puts no bounds on love. I love Ivan exactly as much as Roland, completely and all the way to the top. When God blessed us a 3rd time with Christian, I had no more fear, just faith. Now there are 3 people in this world I love completely, all the way to the top.

So I am glad to tell you this Journey has ended. I am sure we'll have many more and of course we are in our 3rd year of our Journey with autism. That may be a subject for another blog.

In parting I want to say thanks again. First and foremost to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, with out Him we have no hope. I also want to thank all of you! The prayers, the e-mails, the phone calls, and the food have been overwhelming and very appreciated. God heard and answered all of our prayers.

Also as an aside thank you to the most wonderful mother in the world. I happen to be married to her. I have never seen such love, devotion, and dedication from a mom to her children. You only have to look at Ivan to tell that. Thank you Gina.

Here's a prayer i use to say a lot and I want to offer it for all of you:
We praise God in all his glory, we thank Jesus Christ for all He has given us, most notably our families, and we ask the Holy Spirit to be with us as we Journey to be reunited with the Trinity in Heaven. Amen.

Dominus Vobiscum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

To anyone who reads this, this is the Roland you all have been praying for. I was just notified about this and I want to say thank you. To my parents, to anyone who prayed for me, thank you. As tears roll down my eyes so much as simply reading all the comments and entries, it shows me how much you all care for me. So thank you, to my loving parents. I love each and every one of you and if you ever want to talk, email me.

Unknown said...

Email me rsternfels2@gnail.com