Monday, December 1, 2008

Some Decisions Made

Today we made some decisions. We will not be seeking a second opinion. Why? The most they would say different is that Roland does not have to lose his testicle. While that would be great, Gina nor I would be able to believe it because we can't take the chance that they are wrong and it would need to be removed. Therefore, there is no benefit in a second opinion.

Having said that Roland will have surgery on Wednesday. We will get there for prep around 7am. he will go into surgery for 8. The local oncologist will talk to us about options as they do not take new patients. We will have to go to Tulane or Children's in NO or St. Jude in B.R.

Having made the decision I am getting pretty scared. I have faith in God and am trying to put all my trust in Him. I am trying to hope for the best (benign) but prepare for the worst (cancer needing chemo). Even though the doctor said most likely scenario would be cancer, Gina is holding out hope.

The outpouring of support has been nothing short of incredible. Gina and I are touched by how many people are praying. PLEASE continue. Please pray for God to make the tumor benign and pray for God to give out family strength in this time. A person mentioned today to pray to Blessed Father Seelos. It helped her daughter who was cured of Kidney cancer.

1 comment:

Doug Mumphrey said...

We're praying for you guys most definitely. Roland and y'all have been in my morning and evening prayers specifically. I'll put my prayers in to Fr. Seelos as well. You should call the Seelos Center, Roland, tomorrow. They can have someone come out and bless Roland Jr. with a Seelos relic cross either at your home or at the hospital. I've also asked many of my listeners to pray as well, and many of them are, so Roland Jr.'s case is being pled worldwide. Please keep us posted, and may your faith in God never falter or fail. Look always to the example of Pope John Paul II, who offered his sufferings up for the good of all. I pray that this trial in your home will pass and happier days will come soon.